Anne Frank House welcomes 1.3 million visitors


Dec. 19, 2019 — In 2019, the Anne Frank House has welcomed 1.3 million visitors. That's about 80,000 more than in 2018 and 40,000 more than in 2017 when the museum was renovated.

‘It is extraordinary to realise that so many people feel a connection with Anne Frank's history.’

People from all over the world come to the Anne Frank House, the place where Anne Frank lived in hiding and wrote her diary. A special place, essentially an empty space, that reminds us of Anne Frank and the millions of victims of the persecution of Jews during the Second World War. Approximately 90% of the 1.3 million visitors a year come from abroad. More than half of the visitors are under 30 years of age.


Ronald Leopold: ‘The Anne Frank House illustrates how prejudice, racism, and antisemitism affect people and society, and what they can ultimately lead to. In our new set-up, we focus even more on this part of history than before. During the renovation, we added educational spaces. This year, we have run 6,500 introductory workshops for museum visitors and 1,650 educational workshops for school groups. We hope that a visit to the Anne Frank House provides food for thought and invites reflection in this day and age.’


The Anne Frank House can only be visited with a ticket bought online at www.annefrank.org for a specific time slot. The demand often exceeds the number of available tickets, so we urge people to plan their visit to the Anne Frank House in good time and buy their tickets in advance. 80% of the tickets are released exactly two months in advance at noon, the remaining 20% on the day at 9:00 in the morning.

Opening hours

The Anne Frank House is open every day of the year except during Yom Kippur. Our opening hours are generous: from 1 April to 1 November, the museum is open from 9:00 to 22:00; from 1 November to 1 April, the museum is open from Sunday to Friday from 9:00 to 19:00 and on Saturdays from 9:00 to 22:00.

The current ticket information can be found here